Welcome! This is the spot where I will share my special recipes with the world...or at least everyone who's interested!
There probably won't be many cause I don't share crap but I can guarantee that anything you find here will be excellent!
Happy Cookin'
~K

5:01 PM

Crunchy Chicken Salad

Yeah I know, we all fear that lumpy gray chicken salad found on deli counters everywhere.
This is not it. This is chicken salad you will crave. You can eat it on bread, I don't but you could or it would be a nice addition to a selection of sliced deli meat & a green &/or pasta salad. Hubby has an irrational fear of mayonnaise & sour cream (& mustard) so he won't go near it so when I make it it's just for me. I'll eat it for lunch & then again for supper. I don't eat leftovers so if it's not gone in a day it goes in the green bin.
Hubby was slightly shocked when I put mayo on the grocery list. I don't eat many things that contain mayo, sometimes in the summer I'll make purple coleslaw or I'll smear a dab on a burger but that's about it. Mostly what I do with mayo is throw it away but it's a crucial ingredient in any good chicken salad.

This is so easy I can make it even after drinking an entire pitcher of margaritas.

Ingredients
~ 1+1/2 cups sour cream - don't buy that low/no fat shit
~ 2 tablespoons of mayo - if you want to use a bit more feel free
~ 1 bone/skinless chicken breast - using breasts is crucial if you don't want to end up with a creepy gray salad
~ celery about 5-7 big stalks - use the crunchy green ones
~ apple 1/2 chopped fine - you don't need apple but it's a yummy addition
~ salt
~ fresh ground black pepper

Instructions
~ boil your chicken breast then chop into small chunks or shred it.
~ chop your celery
~ mix your chopped chicken, celery & your optional apple with your sour cream & mayo ~ add lots of pepper & as much salt as you like.
~ stick it in the fridge to chill & enjoy.

This will make enough salad for 4-5 sandwiches, about as many sides or two or three big tasty bowls!

0 comments: